JOHANNESBURG: 16 APRIL 2019
The Future of Energy In South Africa
In the State of Nation address, President Cyril Ramaphosa pronounced that the state utility Eskom will be transformed into three different ‘forms’, Generation, Transmission, and Distribution.
The intention of this unbundling is to bring holistic stability to the utility and ensure better security of supply for businesses and citizens alike. However, this pronouncement has created a nationwide division amongst multiple stakeholders in business, labour, and civil society.
It has captured (excuse the pun) the nation in every sphere of society as we have been told that Eskom is 'too big to fail' and integral to every South African’s life.
The question really is, not whether Eskom will be split, but rather how?
Join us as we charter this path with a robust and frank discussion on the impact of the unbundling of Eskom with various stakeholders.
Speakers confirmed to date:
- Prof Nicola Kleyn, dean of GIBS
- Chris Yellend, managing director, EE Publishers and energy expert
- Lelo Mdhladhla, marketing director, POWERX
- Marius Oosthuisen, faculty, author of The Future of Energy and Power Utilities, Africa
- Meta Maponya, executive director, Mahlako a Phahla Investment