The Management Development Programme (MDP) is uniquely designed to build your capacity to lead your organisation into the future. It will challenge your views about management, expand your horizons, and enhance your understanding of the relevance and role of managers in today’s organisations. The MDP will provide you with the opportunity to refocus, to immerse yourself in the latest thinking about best practice in management, and provide you with personal and professional tools to strengthen your effectiveness as a manager and leader.
The programme provides a global context for enhancing awareness and organisation wide thinking, from the challenges of leading change and transformation, to working more effectively in uncertain environments, and harnessing technology to ensure that systems and procedures are optimised.
A key feature of the programme is the Personal Development Plan (PDP) which each delegate undertakes, and which runs the length of the programme. The PDP is underpinned by a team of executive and management coaches, who work one on one with delegates to develop competencies. This personal learning journey ensures that delegates have the opportunity to understand leadership theories and explore personal mastery, supported by the creative development of a culture of performance and execution in the workplace.
How you will benefit. You will learn to:
- Understand your management role in contributing to an effective organisation
- Address strategic HR challenges, such as talent management, employee satisfaction and performance management
- Manage marketing communication as the life-blood of a business
- Speak the language of finance; understanding terms such as budgeting, forecasting, working capital and concepts, including triple bottom line reporting
- Come to terms with new and emerging technologies, to address the need to innovate, simplify and optimise resources
Key focus areas:
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Management and Leadership
- Strategic HR Management
- Management Strategy
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Financial Management and Management Accounting
- Technology and Business
- Personal and Management Coaching
Who should attend:
This programme is aimed at new or middle managers who are currently managing others, have the potential to manage others, or who wish to grow and develop their management abilities.
- Matric Exemption (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
15 Contact Days (modular: block session)