YOU ARE HERE:
You are a senior or experienced leader in an organisation that takes responsibility for the strategic direction-setting of the firm or business unit, or a specialist who advises on the future strategy of a firm or business unit. You are ready to be enthused with fresh ideas and best practices regarding strategic management.
In order to compete successfully in an ever-changing business context, leaders are required to think and act strategically on a continuous basis. However, the art of strategic management, along with its associated practices, is the most underutilised tool in the toolbox of business leaders.
USB-ED’s Master Class in Strategy is aimed at sharpening the strategic alertness of business leaders. Participants will be equipped to create sustainable competitive advantages for their organisations, through being exposed to a combination of practical, experiential and theoretical best practices in the domain of strategic management.
What does it cover?
The following graphic explains the core focus areas of USB-ED’s programmes.
This programme falls within the Context category and contains modules that deal primarily with contextual, foundational and environmental building blocks.
This programme focuses on:
- Thinking capacity stimulation
- Competitive positioning
- Strategy innovation practices to stimulate strategic thinking
- Strategy execution in this fast-changing environment
Please note: In order to keep the structure and content of the Master Class in Strategy relevant it is subject to change.
What will be required of you?
This master class/programme is for your personal development only. There will be no assignments to complete.
What is your return on investment?
Participants will gain:
- an understanding of the emerging and adaptive nature of strategy as a living organisation reality based on a sound positioning and planning baseline;
- an appreciation of the importance of strategic thinking and how to stimulate and build this as an organisational capability;
- an appreciation of the uniqueness of strategy and the multiple drivers of business success; and
- a personal focus for future strategic attention and effort.
It is assumed that participants comply with the following requirements: English language competence at NQF level 4. Sufficient ability to read and comprehend learning material, write assignments and follow/participate in discussions on management issues.
This programme is presented on the complexity level of an NQF 8.