CAPE TOWN: 30 SEPTEMBER 2012
Leading Executive Programme
Senior executives will experience profound personal and leadership transformation.
The Leading Executive Programme invites participants to explore the world of complexity. Participants will be challenged to look into a mirror and observe their own reactions and behaviours to the various stimuli of the programme. During the first week, participants will explore their own personal and intellectual boundaries and the ways in which these hinder their ability to lead in a complex world. In the second week, this theme of personal leadership will be maintained but will share the time with a focus on the challenges of doing business in the World 2.0, where change is an accepted way of life. The intention will be for the participants to leave the course having gained a range of new ideas and understanding that opens up the space for each of them to experience profound personal and leadership transformation.
The programme is aimed at anyone in a senior leadership position who knows they have almost gone as far as they can using traditional command and control methods and are willing to accept the challenge of stepping into a complex space where they will be challenged to examine and explore their basic beliefs and assumptions.
- Be exposed to ideas emanating from Complexity and Living Systems theories as well as ideas such as Otto Scharmer’s Theory U, Margaret Wheatley’s Green Line and Eddie Obeng’s World after Midnight.
- Become far more aware of personal triggers and blind spots.
- Discover hidden decision-making possibilities that come from taking a complexity perspective.
- Listen to current ideas from leading thinkers from a multi-disciplinary base.
- Learn to appreciate the gifts that diversity brings.
- Be challenged to discover personal taken-for-granted assumptions and uncover the creative possibilities that emerge from an exploration of diversity and multiple perspectives.
- Explore the implications of a mind-body-soul interaction to develop increasing curiosity for new paths.
- The learning styles employed will vary from traditional content lectures to interactive and experiential activities which focus on shared learning.
- The course will be facilitated by experienced academics, practitioners and business leaders.
- It provides a networking environment of innovative and highly experienced leaders.
- The post course assignment will require participants to demonstrate the degree to which they have been able to integrate the course learnings in their personal and business lives.
This programme is presented on the complexity level of NQF 8.