About this course:
There is a significant need in South Africa to enhance the performance of an organisation and individuals by focusing on the integration of work seekers into organisations. There is a need to reduce the gap which often exists between employers’ expectations of the skills and knowledge of employees entering the workplace, and the actual levels of awareness of business and commercial processes that new work seekers have actually gained.
The Personal and Professional Impact Programme will support the optimal transition of new employees into the organisation, to ensure that the levels of energy and enthusiasm remain high and productive as employees progress into their respective roles. Delegates attending the programme are better prepared to be productive at work and have an improved sense of what is expected. Appropriate dress, improved communication, understanding of policies, procedures and the values and ethics of the organisation are examples of the outcomes delivered.
How you will benefit. You will learn to:
- Be better prepared when entering an organisation/workplace
- Develop the necessary pre-employment skills
- Empower yourself for success
- Develop an attitude for job retention and advancement
Key focus areas:
- Unit 1 - Prepare for the world of work
- Unit 2 - Manage time in a responsible and effective way in everyday life situations
- Unit 3 - Manage money and to plan the spending of that money
- Unit 4 - The roles played by Company as employer, employees and customers
- Unit 5 - Rights and expectations of both the company and the employee
- Unit 6 - Inappropriate behaviours in the workplace and how to deal with them
- Unit 7 - Handle diversity within different relationships in the South African society
- Unit 8 - Establish foundational understanding of the importance and the impact of customer service
Combinations of modules can be packaged to address specific development needs
Who should attend:
- Corporate clients and organisations wanting to fast track the integration of new employees into the workplace
- Individual graduates and work seekers who want to bridge and align their potential with the skills required by employers, in order to be successful and to make an impact with their professional and personal careers
NQF level and accreditation:
Level 5 - National Certificate: Generic Management.
15 days (3 days every second week).
Delegates attending this course should:
- Be new or recent entrants to the job market
- Have a matric/graduate qualification