About this course:
The purpose of this programme is to equip entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to successfully run small businesses within their communities. This course examines the fundamentals of business with a focus on developing a business plan, in order to provide delegates with the confidence to become successful entrepreneurs.
How you will benefit. You will learn to:
- Develop a knowledge of entrepreneurship and business
- Implement the leadership, business and management skills entrepreneurs require to start, grow and develop their businesses
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of entrepreneurial attitudes and enterprising behaviour as manifested in risk taking, innovation and creative problem solving
Key focus areas:
- Am I an entrepreneur? Exploring entrepreneurial attributes, thinking and behaviour
- Understanding the entrepreneurial process model of the opportunity, the resources and the team and the appropriate fit and balance required to develop an idea into a feasible business
- Using the Business Model Canvas to map the opportunity into a venture
- Business fundamentals of marketing, operations, human resources and financing
- Understanding the Business Plan
- Project management
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at entrepreneurs who are involved in or will be considering starting their own business in the future.