JOHANNESBURG: 17 SEPTEMBER 2018
Leading in a Digital Economy
The skills needed to design and support your organisation's technology strategy and to navigate Industry 4.0.
With an experiential learning immersion and international travel that takes you to Silicon Valley, the home of many global technology companies and start-ups - this digital leadership course is aimed at developing senior leaders who are required to use technology as a catalyst to access future business opportunities.
To ensure that organisations are equipped to navigate Industry 4.0, leaders need to be well versed in digital trends and disruptive technologies that are shifting and shaping the way organisations craft strategy and compete both locally and globally. Current technology trends such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), automation, robotics; and the Internet of Things will be a key focus area in terms of harnessing digital transformation to drive performance and productivity.
“We are moving into a discontinuous, disruptive, digital world, underpinned by rapid disintermediation and sector shifts. This compels us to explore new ways to drive growth and competitiveness of firms and organisations." Abdullah Verachia | Faculty, GIBS
"An extremely valuable programme for leadership very relevant to current times". Billal Saloogee | Chief Technology Officer
Who should attend?
- Senior managers who are required to understand the impact that technology will have on strategy and future business models;
- Individuals involved in the strategy function of an organisation;
- Individuals involved in the technology and/or information function of the organisation;
- Individuals, whose companies/business units, are impacted by digital technology or disruption;
- Individuals in the marketing function of an organisation, who are impacted by digital shifts; and
- Leaders in organisations that want to build a digital strategy or respond to competitors that have embedded a digital strategy.
How you will benefit
This programme will offer you the opportunity to:
- Review the South African business and economic landscape;
- Gain a holistic perspective of the global economy;
- Understand the potential growth opportunities & risks that come with digital disruption and transformation;
- Consider the human resource elements, particularly generational leadership, that is required in a changing market context;
- Unpack the impact of sector disintermediation;
- Understand how to become an exponential organisation;
- Connect the dots between strategy, design and technology;
- Build a network of empowered and strategic, local and global executives; and
- Improve your global commercial acumen by exposure to key business decision makers from leading organisations who will share insights into the business successes of tomorrow.
Key focus areas:
- Design thinking and innovation as tools to look beyond traditional norms, to open new revenue channels, explore new markets and engage new models of doing business;
- Breaking away from the conventional businesses and paving a path to digital leadership; and
- Current technology trends: Combining the power of ‘new age thinking’ and ‘new age technology’ to bring to life tomorrow’s technologies, be it Artificial Intelligence (AI), automation or robotics; Harness digital transformation to drive performance and productivity.
For further information, visit: