There is a project management knowledge gap existing among those responsible for managing projects within different industries. This programme has been designed to provide delegates with sufficient contemporary project management skills in order to allow them to be efficient in managing resources and time when working on projects.
This programme is expected to turn current ‘Accidental Project Managers’ into knowledgeable and consequently skilled Project Managers.
This programme is a core offering for business across key sectors of the economy and is important for managers in developing skills to effectively manage projects within an organisation.
How you will benefit:
- Understand the project management environment and its setting
- Understand the complexity of projects irrespective of size
- Understand the project anatomy/project life cycle and project parameters (cost, quality, schedule, stakeholders management, health and safety, environment)
- Understand project management nomenclature and basic definitions
- Understand the fundamentals of creating value in the project management process
- Understand the process of carrying out a feasibility study and the importance of a feasibility study
- Understand the project scoping process and development of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and how the WBS relates to project budgeting and the formulation of a schedule of activities – managing and control
- Understand how to manage project risk and project contracts/ service level agreements
- Understand how to prepare a cost estimate of a project and manage project costs
- Understand how to select an appropriate project procurement system
- Understand how to prepare a project schedule and manage it
- Understand how to optimise project resources
- Understand how to learn from a project
Key focus areas:
- Project Environment and its Dynamics
- Project Planning and Control
- Project Scheduling and Control
- Managing Project Cost and Control
- Project Risk Management, Procurement and Contracts
- Managing Project Human Resources and Learning from Projects
Who should attend:
This programme is aimed at corporate and public sector clients who will be considering or would be involved in managing projects in the future
Matric plus industry experience and some basic project management experience
Applicant must have access to a reliable Internet line to complete required hours online
12 days (3 block sessions: online) (interactive sessions with facilitators)
- Full implementation plan to be communicated on registration
- Recorded sessions will be available only for registered delegates for a limited period
- Assessments are restricted and all social distancing measures are adhered to as per the DOH regulations
Delegates attending the course are provided with a unique blended learning methodology which combines online access to subject content with real time engagement with facilitators, and the opportunity to add value through contact learning sessions, where feasible and appropriate.