About this programme:
The Certificate in Labour Law aims to equip delegates with the necessary labour legislation and procedures to ensure that accurate and ethical procedures are installed on returning to the workplace. Labour legislation in South Africa is one of the biggest challenges facing businesses in all industries today. There is a maze of labour legislation governing correct practices and procedures that changes on a regular basis. Implementing unsound or outdated human resource practices in the workplace can result in costly and time-consuming battles with staff down the line.
How you will benefit:
- Develop an overview of the most commonly applicable labour legislation in the environment of small and medium businesses
- Understand the various techniques of effective labour dispute resolution
- Acquire practical skills in identifying different types of labour disputes and to conduct hearings in the workplace
Key focus areas:
- Introduction to labour law
- The employment contract, basic conditions of and termination of employment
- Workplace discipline and automatically unfair dismissals
- Dismissal for misconduct and poor performance or incapacity
- Dismissal for operational requirements, closures, mergers and sale of business
- Unfair labour practice and employment equity
- Current legislations
Who should attend:
The programme is suitable for anyone who deals with employment law issues in the workplace. This includes small-business owners and managers, HR personnel, supervisors, foremen, managing partners of professional firms, franchise owners or managers and factory managers.
- Matric and/or relevant industry experience
- Applicant must have access to a reliable Internet line to complete required hours online
6 days (interactive sessions with facilitators)
- Full implementation plan to be communicated on registration
- Recorded sessions will be available only for registered delegates for a limited period
- Assessments are restricted and all social distancing measures are adhered to as per the DOH regulations
Delegates attending the course are provided with a unique blended learning methodology which combines online access to subject content with real time engagement with facilitators, and the opportunity to add value through contact learning sessions, where feasible and appropriate.