Are you in Sales and Marketing, Warehousing and Logistics, Engineering, Operations, Human Resources or perhaps in another non-financial management role? If so, this programme is for you! Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FNFM) is designed to develop financial literacy and create a better understanding of your contribution to strategic decision making.
This programme aims to unscramble the conundrums of reading financial statements, capital budgeting and the importance of cash flow. It will provide a more structured approach to sales and product forecasting, budgeting and measurement of performance against budgets. This programme will empower you, and give you confidence when communicating with accounting and finance professionals in your organisation.
How you will benefit:
- Speak the language of finance, understanding terms such as budgeting, forecasting, working capital, triple bottom line reporting, etc.
- Engage with financial professionals and appreciate their points of view
- Gain the ability to examine the financial health of an organisation, identify problems and inefficiencies and have an appreciation of how their resolution will improve financial performance
- Get an insight into the drivers and measurement of cost
- Acquire an understanding of key measurements of financial performance, including ROE, ROA and EVA
- Understand growth, cash flow and profitability concepts
- Develop the ability to construct a financial plan and establish its financial feasibility
Key focus areas:
- Introduction to corporate finance
- Budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Financial statements, taxes and cash flow management
- Long-term financial planning and growth
- Understanding the time value of money
- Financial decision-making and working capital management
- Making capital investment decisions
- Project analysis and evaluation
- Financial ratio analysis and interpretation
- Financial risk management
Who should attend:
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Warehousing and logistics supervisors/managers
- Human resources professionals
- Operations and administration personnel
- Matric and/or relevant industry experience
- Applicant must have access to a reliable Internet line to complete required hours online
3 days (interactive sessions with facilitators)
- Full implementation plan to be communicated on registration
- Recorded sessions will be available only for registered delegates for a limited period
- Assessments are restricted and all social distancing measures are adhered to as per the DOH regulations
Delegates attending the course are provided with a unique blended learning methodology which combines online access to subject content with real time engagement with facilitators, and the opportunity to add value through contact learning sessions, where feasible and appropriate.