Futureproof yourself as a leader in a disruptive global market on this high-level strategic leadership programme.
Leading and managing in the rapidly evolving, discontinuous and disruptive global environment requires leaders that have the skills and agility to operate in uncertainty. This compels senior leaders to acquire relevant skills to explore new ways to drive growth and competitiveness of our organisations. The GIBS Global Executive Development Programme (GEDP) aims to build future-fit, responsible leaders who can take their organisations to higher levels of growth and success in a globalised economy.
Quotes from previous participants:
- “The GEDP has helped me understand the role I play in shaping the future of my company and also myself” - Tembisa Marele, Head of Department, Financial Sector Conduct Authority
- “With the GEDP, I found my bridge to a clearer, exciting and rewarding leadership journey” - Jabulani Francisco Khoza, Partner, Absa Financial Services.
- “I had time to reflect on the kind of leader I want to be and the GEDP has transformed the way I look at leadership” - Alpha Matumbura, Financial Director, Bulawayo Mining Corporation.
- “Leadership is about using my influence and resources to promote good for my organisation, community, and the next generations long after mine” – Mpume Langa, regional executive, Bidvest Bank..
How you will benefit:
On completion of the programme you can expect to:
- Broaden your global mind set with immersions to international destinations;
Analyse the current variables impacting economies;
- Consider future competitive strategies and contextually relevant innovations for your organisation;
- Progress your strategic understanding of the business disciplines you face as a senior manager;
- Advance your communication, influencing and negotiating skills to become a more effective leader;
- Reconsider the design of dynamic, robust strategies to enable your organisation to compete sustainably;
- Deepen your understanding of shared value and develop strategies and innovation within context;
- Understand issues of ethics and accountability in business;
- Equip yourself with the latest general management thinking and skills;
- Solve complex organisational problems by improving your critical thinking abilities;
- Practice the art of asking the right questions, making decisions when factors are uncertain and collating information from diverse sources and decide what to focus on;
- Understand the impact of your decision making on interrelated systems in your organisation;
- Be exposed to opportunities for personal benchmarking, interaction, networking and strategic discussion with other motivated executives;
- Access a rigorous and holistic development experience, incorporating a knowledge and skills component to ensure the application of knowledge;
- Develop a leadership manifesto to use as a road map for future growth and success..
How will your organisation benefit?
- Develop executive-level talent with the skills to navigate the current and future, complex, uncertain business environment;
- Equip identified talent with the skills to build a resilient and sustainable organisation;
- Benefit from the diversity of information sharing to build robust, agile strategies to give your organisation the competitive edge;
- Expose your talent to leading executives in companies in South Africa and elsewhere with a view to understanding the entire ecosystem of business possibilities; and
- Build networks with organisations at home and abroad.
- International travel module 8 -10 days international travel (To be confirmed)
- Travel to international destinations to better understand the impact of the global environment of business.
The programme has been divided into three learning modules. The time between modules is maximised by individual coaching, preparation of case studies/readings, working on deliverables, and reflection (time to embed the knowledge gained).
GIBS is renowned for ensuring that learning is delivered in a variety of interactive, creative and impactful ways. These include: Gamification, the Harvard case study teaching method, executive coaching, peer-to-peer learning, experiential learning, engagements with leading expert practitioners and panelists, and syndicate work.
Participants and networking:
By the end of the programme participants would have developed an invaluable network of peers and friends from a diverse array of sectors and professional backgrounds. Inevitably, the GEDP provides a unique opportunity to compare and benchmark skills. Learning through the experiences of others provides powerful interactions where challenges can be shared and solved collectively in a ‘safe’ space.
World-class faculty and industry specialist speakers:
All GIBS faculty experts are required to consult within industry and conduct academic research, thus classroom discussion is vigorous, current and relevant. Many faculty members are invited to teach and present their research at business schools internationally. Industry practitioners are frequent guest speakers, case study protagonists and panelists on the programme.
Each participant is assigned a professional, personal coach and will be allocated four to six individual coaching sessions throughout the programme. This creates an opportunity for a deeply introspective process which incorporates an inward and outward mindset.
GIBS is renown for customising and crafting local and international experiential learning interventions . Immersions are crafted around specific learning themes and outcomes. Trips to the inner city, townships, entrepreneurs, start-ups and innovators provide opportunities for participants to interact in different contexts and better understand societal needs. This creates strong impactful memories that enhance the themed objectives and complement the learning.
A rigorous, strategically focused simulation creates opportunities for critical thinking when factors are uncertain. Participants gain an understanding of how systems are interrelated and encouraged to take on unfamiliar roles to broaden their perspective.