About this programme:
The Certificate in Labour Law aims to equip delegates with the necessary labour legislation and procedures to ensure that accurate and ethical procedures are installed on returning to the workplace. Labour legislation in South Africa is one of the biggest challenges facing businesses in all industries today. There is a maze of labour legislation governing correct practices and procedures that changes on a regular basis. Implementing unsound or outdated human resource practices in the workplace can result in costly and time-consuming battles with staff down the line.
How you will benefit:
Key focus areas:
- Develop an overview of the most commonly applicable labour legislation in the environment of small and medium businesses
- Understand the various techniques of effective labour dispute resolution
- Acquire practical skills in identifying different types of labour disputes and to conduct hearings in the workplace
Who should attend:
- Introduction to labour law
- The employment contract, basic conditions of and termination of employment
- Workplace discipline and automatically unfair dismissals
- Dismissal for misconduct and poor performance or incapacity
- Dismissal for operational requirements, closures, mergers and sale of business
- Unfair labour practice and employment equity
- Current legislations
The programme is suitable for anyone who deals with employment law issues in the workplace. This includes small-business owners and managers, HR personnel, supervisors, foremen, managing partners of professional firms, franchise owners or managers and factory managers.
Matric and/or relevant industry experience
- Apply by: 13 May 2024
- Start date: 20 May 2024
- Costs: R15 347
- Apply: Contact us using the details below
UKZN EL Enquiries, +27 31 260 1234, email@example.com
- More details: Visit our web site for further information.