If you want to make it your life’s work to help unlock Africa’s growth potential, the MPhil Development Finance will equip you with critical skills to become a specialist in this area. You will gain an understanding – on Master’s level – of the complexities of the different development finance resources available to poor countries, especially in Africa. You will acquire the skills to help formulate and implement policies to make this happen. You will also be exposed to skills that are crucial for Africa’s future – such as economic development, project finance, and responsible leadership.
A transformative learning pathway awaits you – in particular if you see your future self in senior positions in the financial services industry and in policy-making and regulatory institutions.
- Duration: 2 years (class programme and research assignment)
- Choose between 2 formats – both allowing you to study while you work: Blended Learning (combination of online and on campus classes) and Modular (blocks of on-campus classes spread over time). Find more information about Blended Learning’s combination of technology with a strong human touch here.
- Modular programme: Attend 3 on-campus blocks (2 weeks each) over 2 years, and complete a research assignment. Classes are presented at the Business School’s campus in the Tyger Valley business district in northern Cape Town. (The on-campus blocks will be delivered online in case of Covid-19 restrictions.)
- Blended Learning programme: Attend weekly blended learning classes (using an internet-linked laptop) in Year 1, and one on-campus block (which covers the electives) in Year 2.
- Apply by: 05 February 2024
- Start date: 12 February 2024
- Schedule: Dates are TBC and serve as a guideline only
- Location: Bellville, South Africa
- Apply: Contact us using the details below
Sbs Enquiries, +27 (0)21 918 4111, email@example.com
- More details: Visit our web site for further information.